Friday, May 11, 2012

The Great Escape

View from the Endless Summer Bar & Grill

The most delicious potato skins
(Why does food look so much better once you take a picture?)

Santa Barbara Harbor

Dress: Boutique
Denim vest: BCBGeneration
Boots: Steve Madden
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Heart Necklace: Forever 21
Bag: H&M
Rings: Forever 21/Vince Camuto

So I don't know if you have caught on yet but I spend every weekend in Santa Barbara (The boy... his name is Jacob moved there for work). I call it my escape. Santa Barbara is beautiful, I absolutely love it. It's relaxing, the food is amazing and the scenery is breathtaking. Not to mention he lives 2 minutes from downtown and about 10 minutes (depending on how fast I walk) to the beach. What's not to love? It's nice to get out of LA/OC... it's such a change of pace.

This past Sunday, the weather was warm enough to wear a dress. The weather varies so much (and I definitely do not trust those weather reporters), I seriously have to pack outfit options for every possible situation. Since Jacob is new to the area as well, we tend to explore new areas of Santa Barbara each weekend. This past weekend was the Harbor.

I decided to wear this crochet strapless dress that I found at this random boutique I discovered by my house  (you can say it's like a forever 21 but they have brands that are usually carried in boutiques for A LOT less) and layered it with my all time favorite denim vest from BCBGeneration. I should have got a closer shot but it also has these silver studs on it...so cute. We did a lot of walking this day so I opted for these cognac boots from Steve Madden. I seriously got these over 2 years ago and they are outlasting all of my other pairs. I did have to get them resoled, but was definitely worth it since these are one of my go-to's. I have wanted this handbag ever since I saw it at H&M, I wear my Marc Jacobs and my Tory bags to death, so once I see a cute everyday bag, I need it, not to mention it was a bargain.

Off I go to Santa Barbara today...a shorter visit this time but still a great escape.
I plan on blogging a lot more...more like 5 days a week. So stay tuned!
xoxo



24 comments:

  1. Love that dress amd how you styled it :)
    Brooke @ what2wear, Monikabrooke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cute outfit :) And I´m glad you liked my recent post!
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit!!!


    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog♥ I follow you,follow me? xoxo http://lovelyflorencia.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. suuper sweet dress:D

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful outfit and pictures!
    I love the bag!

    If you want, check out my blog:
    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had an absolutely perfect day carried out with stylish execution. :) You look so beautiful!

    Thank you for your sweet comment! :) I love your blog and am following you now!

    Hope you'll come and pop by again. :)

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com
    GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for following me :) following you back, great blog!

    http://paintedheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute look! thanks for following! following back from now xx

    www.always-glamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking stylish when you were in the Santa Barbara harbor...
    Looking stylish and cool...
    Love the dress combined with the jeans vest and with the cool sunglasses :)

    Follow my blog at
    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. suuuper nice! :D I'm following

    Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the pictures, look and those yummy potatoes!

    xoxo

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is amazing dear!!!
    Now I'm your new follower.... follow me back ;-))
    A big kiss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello Linsday!thank you so much for visiting my blog and for you comment!i am following you back!!love your blog and your style!!keep in touch!xxx
    shoppingtherapy153.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness I bet that baked photo is super nice! Such lovely scenes and pics <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much. I am following you back, too. Happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Outfit looks really great! I love your dress, it is so cute:) I think your denim vest and the bag goes really perfectly with it!! Such a great combination!!

    Hope you visit me on my Blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your bag and dress, so pretty look!

    http://chicmaniapourtoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely look, so pretty bag and boots!:)
    Thank u for your comment, hope to see u soon!
    xoxo
    Jelena

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post!!!

    If you like my blog, we can follow each other:))
    www.viewrama.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your outfit is so cute! The dress is a gorgeous colour. And those potato skins look amazing, send some my way!xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Santa Barbara seems like a great place to be. Nice to hear that you've had a great time. Lovely outfit - very stylish and feminine!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    xxx,
    http://evamilano.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love!! Leave the name of your blog and I will follow you in return <3